Sunday, February 19, 2012

Overcommitment

This is the second time in the last year that I've done two shows at once - clearly I am an idiot.

Right now I have my Legally Blonde hat on, and have spent the last hour divvying up three keyboard scores to be played between two keyboard players - not hard, just really tedious.  Then I need to figure out how to program a Kurzweil  PC88 for the Keys 2 player.  For my own setup, I'll be using Mainstage, and I need to finish programming the Mainstage concert this week, also. 

The other show is more of a cabaret, and involves no programming of keyboards whatsoever - the challenges there lie in the amount of arranging/transposing and studying styles of pianists from different eras.  Its been a lot of fun studying the music of the 1920s, and hearing musicians like Eubie Blake, James P Johnson and WC Handy.  The stride pianists always make me want to practice more.





No comments: