Sunday, January 25, 2015

Bach research, ongoing

I started collecting ‘classical literature for church services use’* from the Baroque era – first, Bach. As he is an outrageously prolific composer, I kept it simple for now and went with selections from his better-known composition groups. All of these are pieces I found appealing and can work up in a couple of days/weeks. The added bonus is a lot of this is transferable to the organ, also.  Here's what I've picked so far:

Two part inventions – #s 1, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 14
Three part inventions (aka Sinfonia) – #s 2, 3, 5, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
English Suites - No. 3 in g minor, BWV 808
Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1 - (tbd)
Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 2 - (tbd)

Plus



*What else am I supposed to call it?  ‘Real’ music? 



No comments: