Wednesday, May 5, 2010

MT-Land and You, part II

This is just further listing of other shows to check out if you haven't already, common songs in parenthesis:

Avenue Q (Purpose, There's a Fine, Fine Line)
Dreamgirls (One Night Only, And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going)
I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change (I Will be Loved Tonight, A Stud and a Babe)
Next to Normal (Superboy and the Invisible Girl, I Miss the Mountains)
Spring Awakening (Mama Who Bore Me)
Sweet Smell of Success ( I Cannot Hear the City, One Track Mind, Rita's Tune)
Title of Show (Way Back to Then)
Urinetown (It's a Privilege to Pee, Run, Freedom, Run!, Cop Song)

Additional stuff to check out which is essentially stuff I like, not necessarily stuff that's you'll run into all the time:
  • Michael John LaChiusa is just cool. Check out his Wild Party and Hello Again (I like Tom and Mistress to the Senator), Marie Christine (Way Back To Paradise and Beautiful) and the song "See What I Wanna See" from the show of the same name. Also check out Giant as soon as it's available - I saw it at Signature Theatre in 2009 and really liked it
  • Ricky Ian Gordon - My Life With Albertine, Dream True
  • John Bucchino - It's Only Life (Grateful, Sweet Dreams, Unexpressed, Taking the Wheel, That Smile)
  • Pasek and Paul
  • Craig Carnelia
  • Heisler and Goldrich
  • Kerrigan and Lowdermilk Unauthorized Bio of Samantha Brown, Tales of the Bad Years
  • Georgia Stitt One More Day
  • Peter Mills Illyria, The Flood

No comments: